Help Wanted: Administrative Assistant for the Library and the Office of Institutional Effectiveness (OFINE)
PURPOSE: Provides administrative support for the Library and the Office of Institutional Effectiveness. Reports to the Seminary Librarian.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Serves as receptionist for the Seminary Librarian and the Director of OFINE, greeting and directing visitors, intercepting telephone calls when necessary, answering questions, etc.
- Manages physical and digital files related to Library and OFINE administration
- Assists with Library and OFINE communications, both general and accreditation-related
- Assists with accounting and budgeting for the Library and OFINE by
- collecting deposits and receipts, reconciling funds and directing them to the appropriate offices
- managing petty cash, reviewing requests for reimbursement, dispersing funds, reconciling the petty cash balance and requesting replenishment as needed
- monitoring Library and OFINE budgets, assessing expense account reports monthly and helping to prepare budget projections
- monitoring supplies, equipment and furniture used by Library and OFINE staff, ordering supplies, equipment, and repairs when needed
- helping to prepare the Library’s annual report and statistical reports/surveys for other agencies
- Coordinates the acknowledgement of gifts to the Library, preparing thank you letters and internal paperwork
- Coordinates the scheduling of classes, meetings and other events in Library spaces, working in collaboration with the Registrar, Library & OFINE staff, Hospitality staff, Admissions staff and others
- Serves as liaison between Library/OFINE staff and Physical Plant staff, reporting problems related to the Library building
- Assists with standard OFINE tasks including documentation of assessment, substantive change reporting, compliance certification reporting, site visit hosting, etc.
- Assists with the reception and processing of doctoral projects and other internal documents
- Assists with other duties as assigned by the Seminary Librarian, in collaboration with the Director of OFINE.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Relevant work experience
· Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of Windows, MS Office Suite; Adobe Acrobat preferred.
- Bookkeeping and budget preparation experience.
- Self-directed, with strong initiative and problem-solving skills
- Experience in organizing events, meetings, workshops, orientations, receptions, etc.
· College education preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND BENEFITS:
This is a full-time support staff position with benefits, based primarily on the Richmond Campus, and may require some weekend and evening hours. Hours are generally 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The position begins April 15.
Applications will be reviewed beginning March 18.
Cover letters and resumes should be sent to Christopher Richardson, Seminary Librarian firstname.lastname@example.org